Main Campus Student Center
The Main Campus Student Center is a sprawling 220,000 square foot facility that is a visual representation of East Carolina University’s connection to people and industry of Eastern North Carolina, the City of Greenville, and our Pirate traditions.
Serving as the premier location for the campus community, the student center carries forward many of the traditional facilities of the past combined within a more modern appearance with some of the following new highlights:
- Dowdy Student Store
- Retail Spaces
- 14,000 square foot Ballroom
- Black Box Theater
- 24 x 42 foot Pirate Vision Digital Display
- Six Dining Options including Starbucks and Au Bon Pain
- Home to the LGBT Resource Center and the Ledonia Wright Cultural Center
- Multiple lounges, study rooms, and gaming center
Student Involvement & Leadership
As part of the Division of Student Affairs, Student Involvement & Leadership is home to five departments: Student Activities and Organizations, Greek Life, Leadership and Service-Learning, Intercultural Affairs and Student Centers; two programs: Student Activities Board and Student Government Association; and two centers: the Ledonia Wright Cultural Center and the Dr. Jesse R. Peel LGBTQ Center.
Mission & Learning Priorities:
Developing Inclusive and Innovative Communities.
- Identity development
- Effective leadership
- Understanding and appreciation of cultural and human differences
- Connect knowledge to other knowledge, ideas, and experiences
What People are Saying
“The student centers are not only going to be an incredible resource and luxury for students on the Main and Health Sciences campuses, but they are also living proof of East Carolina University’s commitment to student success, and transforming this region.”
– Carson Pierce, 2016, BS Communication, BA Political Science